According to a recent British study, your health is directly related to the quality of your relationship with your boss. Those with a poor relationship tend to have high blood pressure and high stress levels.
Characteristics of Toxic Bosses
* constantly use the terms “ My people”, “My department” instead of “our”
* take credit rather than give credit for work well done by others.
* direct the focus of all conversation to themselves. They are “ME DEEP” in conversation.
* put others down in an attempt to make themselves look good.
* bend the truth to make themselves appear competent and in control.
* value no one’s sense of humor but their own.
* are competitive and will crush you if you get in their way.
* will hang you out to dry without a second thought.
* don’t get headaches, they give headaches.
* have an office support system of people who are afraid of them and they use this system to enhance and promote their career and self interest.
* are toxic because it works for them and they get away with it.
* look upon office conflict as a positive thing they can use to their advantage. ( divide and conquer)
* are insensitive to the feelings, needs and well being of others.
Not all toxic bosses possess all of these characteristics but even if they possess some of them they can make your life miserable and be hazardous to your health.
For Effective Strategies for TAMING YOUR TOXIC BOSS and other toxic people in your life click this link for a Kindle copy...