The one thing that is absolutely vital to overcoming shyness is DESIRE. You must want to, badly.
POSITIVE SELF TALK
To begin the process of overcoming shyness we must begin talking to ourselves about ourselves in a more positive way. Instead of defining ourselves negatively we must define ourselves positively.
Tell yourself that...
* I am equal in dignity to anyone else.
* I have a lot to offer other people.
* People are not my enemies.
* I am intelligent and nice to be with.
* I can do anything I put my mind to.
* I am loveable and capable just the way I am right now.
Many times through the day stop and say something like, "Every day, in every way, I am becoming more comfortable speaking with people."
REMEMBER... that every person is a unique gift. There is no other person like you on the planet. There has never been another like you. There will never be another like you. So treat yourself like the rare, unique, precious gift that you are.
This is a brief excerpt from Mike's Special Report "How to Overcome Shyness and Connect with People"
Mike Moore is an international speaker and writer on human potential, motivation and humour.