Friday, December 19, 2014

Never Be Boring Again: How to Tell a Story

You all know how much I, as a speaker/teacher, value the power of a story. It gets your point across, engages your audience, entertains and helps them recall you and your content.

Stories also help a speaker/teacher/presenter avoid what I call CONTENT PARALYSIS. They enable you to present loads of good content  in a interesting and palatable manner. Your audience will never be bored when you tell them stories.

Here is an example of  what I mean. I was giving a presentation to a social service group in Elliot Lake ON Canada and used this story in the process.

Observe it carefully and see what you can learn and apply the next time you are asked to speak to a group.
http://tinyurl.com/l45gpbk


REMEMBER... "Their minds can absorb what their asses can endure."  Tell them Stories.

1 comment:

tommyr3 said...

Excellent advise, Mike! I'm constantly working on improving my storytelling, especially by using sensory images my audience can see, taste and feel. Smell, too!