Thursday, May 06, 2010

A Great Example of Aging With Humor

I am leaving in about 30 minutes for a talk to 600 teachers in New Brunswick but before I go I just have to share this with you.

Carol and I received this email this morning from a friend whose Mother is in a nursing home. She is 91 and very earthy,funny and sharp. I have three stories about this lady that I use in my talks with huge response. Now I have another. Here it is.


" We are having a party for my mother on May 15th as she will be turning 91 on the 17th. I hope she behaves at her birthday party. The social director where my mother lives told me she had everyone laughing at one of their group memory games. They were looking for words that are spelled & sound the same but mean something different. They gave some examples and then asked for some suggestions. My mother suggested the word "screw"."

Want to age with humor?

No comments: