Monday, February 22, 2016

Nice Things Often Happen When Least Expected

.
It was a Sunday just 15 minutes before nine a.m. Mass. Carol and I had just finished parking the car when we saw a middle aged woman approaching with a huge smile on her face. I asked Carol if she knew who it was and she said no. I didn't either.

When she got to the car she stopped and tapped on the window. When I rolled it down she said, " Hi. You don't know me but I recognized you from the photo on the back of your book," Light Up With Laughter" I just had to come over and tell you how much I enjoyed it and say thanks for providing me with a few hours of laughter and joy.

I smiled and thanked her for taking the time to come over and talk to me and that I was so glad she enjoyed my book.

She went on her way and I have never seen her since.

One affirming remark, accompanied by a genuine smile really made my day for I walked 2 feet off the ground for hours.

For the next 48 hours you can get a digital copy of Light Up With Laughter for a donation to the cause. You pick the price you want to pay.

No comments: