Thursday, April 07, 2011

Stories don't have to be long to be effective....example

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this story in the
newspaper.

A young mother had registered with her little baby for the
mother and infant swim at the community pool.

During the first session her baby let her know that she needed to be fed so the mom left the main pool to find a private spot to feed her little one. She found an area close to the wading pool and began breast feeding.

Well someone nearby was offended and reported the crime to the
pool manager who sent a life guard to investigate.

The young man approached the pair and said, " I'm sorry but
there is no food or drink allowed at pool side."

Can you believe it?

I use this story in my presentations on perceptions, attitudes and beliefs.

For more on the art of storytelling

No comments: