Wednesday, March 04, 2015

See, There is Humour Everywhere

Carol, my wife, was sitting in our family room reading Elle Magazine while I worked on this blog. When she read me this short quote from an article  she was reading I burst out laughing.

The author of this article was a woman named Clara Young and she said that before she sat down to write she went out for lunch to a nice restaurant. One of the lunch menu items  was lamb's testicles on a bed of lamb's lettuce. Her comment was, " Some feminists would say that testicles are exactly what is wrong with the world and that the safest place for them is on a plate."

I couldn't stop laughing. and immediately thought of the quote from George Bernard Shaw when he said," When you find something funny search it for hidden wisdom and truth."

I think there is both truth and wisdom in this brief story.

It's good that we can laugh at ourselves. Isn't it men?

No comments: